Redfin Brings 1% Listing Fee to San Francisco
February 02, 2018
Sellers typically pay their listing agent a commission of 2.5 to 3 percent of the home's sale price. With a 1 percent listing fee, sellers working with a Redfin agent will save between
Redfin lowered the listing fee in
"Our offer is simple: Redfin agents provide expertise and premium service for a lower fee," said
Every seller who works with Redfin receives the following, included in the fee, paid for by Redfin:
- A dedicated listing agent with experience selling homes in the local area, backed by a team of support staff who make the process run smoothly;
- One of the industry's most thorough pricing analyses, which combines Redfin's proprietary algorithms for estimating the value of a home, and the expertise of a local Redfin agent;
- Professional photography;
- A Redfin 3D Walkthrough, letting buyers view a three-dimensional floorplan, then interact with every aspect of the home from any direction online, as if walking from room to room;
- Open houses, hosted by a Redfin agent, with visitors registered on an iPad application for immediate follow-up;
- Online marketing, with the listing featured above others on Redfin.com, the U.S.'s #1 brokerage website. For each listing, Redfin also runs email and digital advertising campaigns for reaching just the right buyers;
- Pre-launch market research to Redfin buyers, with tools for gathering feedback on the number of interested buyers and what price they would pay for the property;
- Professionally designed and beautifully produced print brochures;
- The Redfin Home Dashboard, letting sellers track online visits to their listing and the latest competitive market conditions in their neighborhood.
"Offering the Redfin home-selling experience for just a 1 percent listing fee builds on Redfin's mission to make real estate better for consumers," said
For three consecutive years, Redfin has sold homes for more money, with a higher rate of success than the industry average. Specifically, Redfin listings sell for an average of
Redfin publishes comprehensive information about each of its agents, including homes they have sold, areas of expertise and customer reviews, so sellers can choose an agent who has the local knowledge and experience that meets their needs.
Homeowners who are interested in selling can visit www.redfin.com/why-sell to learn more about Redfin's service and connect with a Redfin agent in their neighborhood. To see the Redfin Estimate for your home or sign up for a free Redfin Home Report, click here.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is the next-generation real estate brokerage, combining its own full-service agents with modern technology to redefine real estate in the consumer's favor. Founded by software engineers, Redfin has the country's #1 brokerage website and offers a host of online tools to consumers, including the Redfin Estimate, the automated home-value estimate with the industry's lowest published error rate for listed homes. Homebuyers and sellers enjoy a full-service, technology-powered experience from Redfin real estate agents, while saving thousands in commissions. Redfin serves more than 80 major metro areas across the U.S. The company has closed more than
For more information or to contact a local Redfin real estate agent, visit www.redfin.com. To learn about housing market trends and download data, visit the
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/redfin-brings-1-listing-fee-to-san-francisco-300592642.html
Redfin Journalist Services: Alina Ptaszynski, 206-588-6863, email@example.com