Redfin Expands 1% Listing Fee to 18 Additional Markets, Now Reaching 80 Percent of Redfin Customers Across 25 Markets Total
October 02, 2017
Home Sellers Get Full Service and Save Thousands in Fees Listing with a Redfin Agent
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171002005872/en/
Redfin home for sale (Photo: Business Wire)
Sellers typically pay their listing agent a commission of 2.5 to 3
percent of the home’s sale price. With a 1 percent listing fee, sellers
working with a Redfin agent will save between
The lowered listing fee is being offset by a reduction of the Redfin refund for buyers in the new 1 percent listing markets. Buyers can continue to see the amount of the refund, which is based on the price of the home, on the home listing page.
“This pricing better reflects how our customers want to pay a real
estate agent,” said Redfin CEO
Every seller who works with Redfin receives the following, included in the fee, paid for by Redfin:
- A dedicated listing agent with experience selling homes in the local area, backed by a team of support staff who make the process run smoothly.
- One of the industry's most thorough pricing analyses, which combines Redfin's proprietary algorithms for estimating the value of a home and the expertise of a local Redfin agent.
- Professional photography.
- A Redfin 3D Walkthrough tour, letting buyers view a three-dimensional floor plan online, then interact with every aspect of the home from any direction, as if walking from room to room.
- Open houses, hosted by a Redfin agent, with visitors registered by our own iPad application for immediate follow-up.
- Online marketing with the listing featured above others on Redfin.com, the U.S.'s #1 brokerage website. Redfin also runs email and digital advertising campaigns to reach just the right buyers.
- Pre-marketing of Redfin listings, where permitted by local rules, with tools for gathering feedback on the number of interested buyers and what price they would pay for the property.
- Professionally designed and beautifully produced print brochures.
- The Redfin Home Dashboard, letting sellers track online visits to their listing and the latest competitive market conditions in their neighborhood.
The 18 new markets join
|Market||Minimum Fee||Market||Minimum Fee|
|CA - Inland Empire||$3,500||NV - Reno||$3,000|
|CA - Lake Tahoe||$3,000||NM - Statewide||$3,000|
|CA - Los Angeles||$5,500||NY - Hudson Valley||$4,500|
|CA - Orange County||$5,500||NY - Long Island||$4,500|
|CA - Sacramento||$3,500||NY - New York||$4,500|
|CA - San Diego||$5,000||OR - Portland||$3,500|
|CO - Denver||$3,000||RI - Statewide||$3,000|
|DC - Washington, D.C.||$4,500||TX - Austin||$3,000|
|HI - Statewide||$4,500||TX - Dallas||$3,000|
|IL - Chicago||$3,000||TX - Houston||$3,000|
|MA - Boston||$4,500||VA - Northern Virginia||$4,500|
|MD - Statewide||$4,000||WA - Seattle||$4,500|
|NJ - Statewide||$3,500|
|Redfin Markets with 1% Listing Fees
Italics represent markets where Redfin previously offered 1% listings.
“Offering the Redfin home-selling experience for just a 1 percent
listing fee builds on Redfin’s mission to make real estate better for
For three consecutive years, Redfin has sold listings for more money,
with a higher rate of success than the industry average. Specifically,
homes listed with Redfin sell for an average
Redfin publishes comprehensive information about each of its agents, including homes they have sold, areas of expertise and customer reviews, so sellers can choose an agent who has the local knowledge and experience that meets their needs.
Homeowners who are interested in selling can visit www.redfin.com/why-sell to learn more about Redfin’s service and connect with a Redfin agent in their neighborhood.
is the next-generation real estate brokerage, combining its own
full-service agents with modern technology to redefine real estate in
the consumer's favor. Founded by software engineers, Redfin has the
country's #1 brokerage website and offers a host of online tools to
consumers, including the Redfin
Estimate, the automated home-value estimate with the industry's
lowest published error rate for listed homes. Homebuyers and sellers
enjoy a full-service, technology-powered experience from Redfin real
estate agents, while saving thousands in commissions. Redfin serves more
than 80 major metro areas across the U.S. The company has closed more
For more information or to contact a local Redfin real estate agent,
To learn about housing market trends and download data, visit the
Redfin Journalist Services:
Alina Ptaszynski, 206-588-6863