Redfin Launches in Canada with Full-Service Agents in Toronto and National Home Search Site
February 12, 2019
For the First Time Ever,
"I'm not sure when I've seen the people at Redfin as excited as we are today to open for business in
By meeting customers through the Redfin website and using technology to make the buying and selling process more efficient, Redfin's local agents are able to provide full service and charge a lower fee. In
Redfin agents are employees, who are paid a salary and receive bonuses based in part on customer-satisfaction, which makes them accountable to deliver results for their clients. Redfin customers are asked to review the service they received from their Redfin agents and the reviews are published on the agents' online profiles.
"At Redfin, we put the customer at the center of everything we do. Our technology makes it easier to buy and sell for clients, and our business model rewards agents for delivering the best service," said
"Canadians are discerning and tech-savvy, and I suspect they'll be very receptive to Redfin's unmatched combination of agent service, technology and value. Especially given today's shifting Canadian real estate market, buyers and sellers will appreciate the transparency of the data Redfin provides on recent home sales and market trends. When you combine that information with our agents' local expertise, Redfin helps consumers make more informed decisions about the big questions like when to sell or what to offer on a new home," Anderson said.
On www.redfin.ca and Redfin's mobile apps, customers can now search all the agent-listed homes for sale in most provinces and see sale prices of homes in the greater
Redfin is launching with a 1-percent listing fee for home sellers in
- Premier placement on Redfin.ca and syndication to Realtor.ca and other Canadian real estate websites via the Multiple Listing Service
- Pricing and staging advice
- Free professional photography
- 3D walkthrough of the home
- Open houses
- Yard signs
- Beautifully designed marketing materials
Because Redfin customers, agents and support staff all work together on Redfin's proprietary tech platform, Redfin can provide a consistent experience for every customer and offer unique tools and data that no other brokerage can. Today, Redfin is rolling out many of its popular features in
- Book It Now: A first of its kind in
Canada, this tool lets you book a home showing with a Redfin agent with a few clicks.
- Instant Updates: Get notifications by email or on your mobile device when new homes are listed or prices drop.
Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, tasks and deadlines, which keeps you informed at every step.
- Shared Search: Collaborate on home search with your partner or co-buyer by sharing favourite listings, commenting on each other's favourites and getting input from your agent and other advisers.
- Draw Your Own Search: Customize your search by drawing a line around the exact area you want to search for homes.
- Open House Notifications and Scheduler: Save a list of upcoming open houses and sign up to be alerted when you are near a favourite listing with an open house.
- Tour Insights: See notes from Redfin agents about homes they've toured.
- Offer Insights: See real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about offers submitted on behalf of Redfin clients.
- Agent Profiles and History: Review Redfin agents' past customer reviews and real estate experience.
Over time, Redfin expects to bring additional services and features to
- Redfin Estimate: Provides a highly accurate automated calculation of the market value of an individual home.
Redfin Hot Homes: Helps Redfin buyers know when to act fast by informing them if a home is likely to sell in two weeks or less based on our proprietary algorithm.
- Search by School: Shows all homes for sale served by a particular school.
- Compete Score: Helps buyers understand how likely they are to face competition for homes in a given area.
Redfin (www.redfin.ca) is a technology-powered, residential brokerage with a mission to redefine real estate in the consumer's favor. Redfin is now available in
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/redfin-launches-in-canada-with-full-service-agents-in-toronto-and-national-home-search-site-300793765.html
Redfin Journalist Services: Alina Ptaszynski, +1 (206) 588-6863, email@example.com