SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 OR 15(d) of The Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported) June 1, 2018
(Exact name of registrant as specific in its charter)
(State or other jurisdiction of incorporation)
(Commission File Number)
(IRS Employer Identification No.)
1099 Stewart Street, Suite 600
(Address of principal executive offices)
Registrant's telephone number, including area code (206) 576-8333
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report.)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions (see General Instruction A.2. below):
Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)
Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)
Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))
Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (§230.405 of this chapter) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§240.12b-2 of this chapter).
Emerging growth company þ
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. þ
Item 5.07 Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders.
On June 6, 2018, Redfin Corporation (the "Company") held its 2018 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “2018 Annual Meeting”). The proposals voted upon and the final results of the vote were as follows:
Proposal 1 - Election of Directors. The Company's stockholders elected Austin Ligon, David H. Lissy and James Slavet as Class I directors based on the following results.
David H. Lissy
Proposal 2 - Ratification of the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP ("Deloitte"). The Company's stockholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2018 based on the following results.
Item 8.01 Other Events.
On June 1, 2018, the Compensation Committee (the "Committee") of the Board of Directors of the Company approved a form of notice of performance-based restricted stock unit award and performance-based restricted stock unit award agreement (the "PSU Form Notice and Agreement"), pursuant to which the Committee will grant performance-based restricted stock units under the Redfin Corporation 2017 Equity Incentive Plan (the "Plan"). In accordance with the Plan, performance-based restricted stock units granted under the Plan will settle in shares of the Company's common stock upon the achievement of one or more performance goals established by the Committee and the satisfaction of any time-based vesting requirements, as applicable. A performance goal can be any metric that is set forth in the Plan, including any metric that is capable of measurement as determined by the Committee, and can be applied to the Company as a whole or any business unit or subsidiary of the Company on a GAAP or non-GAAP basis.
The PSU Form Notice and Agreement is filed as Exhibit 10.1 to this report and incorporated into this item by reference.
Item 9.01 Financial Statements and Exhibits.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
Date: June 6, 2018
/s/ Chris Nielsen
Chief Financial Officer
2017 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
NOTICE OF PERFORMANCE-BASED RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD
Unless otherwise defined herein, the terms defined in the Redfin Corporation (“Redfin”) 2017 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) will have the same meanings in this Notice of Performance-Based Restricted Stock Unit Award and the electronic representation of this Notice of Performance-Based Restricted Stock Unit Award established and maintained by Redfin or a third party designated by Redfin (this “Notice”) and the attached Agreement (as defined below).
You (the “Participant”) have been granted an award (the “Award”) of Performance-Based Restricted Stock Units (“PSUs”) to acquire Shares of Redfin’s Common Stock under the Plan subject to the terms and conditions of the Plan, this Notice, the performance and vesting terms set forth in Appendix A attached hereto (“Appendix A”) and the Performance-Based Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement attached hereto as Appendix B (“Appendix B”) (the “Agreement”), including any applicable country-specific provisions in any appendix attached hereto (the “Country Appendix”).
This Notice, Appendix A and any Country Appendix constitute part of the Agreement.
Date of Grant:
Total Number of PSUs:
Target/Maximum Number of PSUs:
As set forth in Appendix A
As set forth in Appendix A
As set forth in Appendix A
The earlier to occur of: (a) the date on which this Award is settled in full, (b) the date that the Committee determines that the Performance Metrics have not been satisfied and (c) the tenth anniversary of the Date of Grant. This PSU expires earlier if Participant’s Service terminates earlier, as described in the Agreement.
By accepting (whether in writing, electronically or otherwise) the PSUs, Participant acknowledges and agrees to the following:
Participant understands that Participant’s employment or consulting relationship or Service with Redfin or a Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate is for an unspecified duration, can be terminated at any time (i.e., is “at-will”), except where otherwise prohibited by applicable law and that nothing in this Notice, the Agreement or the Plan changes the nature of that relationship. Participant acknowledges that the vesting of the PSUs pursuant to this Notice is subject to both the achievement of the Performance Metrics and Participant’s continuing Service as an Employee, Director or Consultant. Participant acknowledges that the Vesting Schedule may change prospectively in the event that Participant’s service status changes between full- and part-time status and/or in the event Participant is on a leave of absence, in accordance with Redfin’s policies relating to work schedules and vesting or as determined by the Committee. Participant also understands that this Notice is subject to the terms and conditions of both the Agreement and the Plan, both of which are incorporated herein by reference. Participant has read both the Agreement and the Plan. By accepting the PSUs, Participant consents to electronic delivery as set forth in the Agreement.
PERFORMANCE AND VESTING METRICS
[Applicable performance and vesting metrics to be inserted]
2017 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
PERFORMANCE-BASED RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
Unless otherwise defined in this Performance-Based Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement (this “Agreement”), any capitalized terms used herein will have the meaning ascribed to them in the Redfin Corporation 2017 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”).
Participant has been granted an award (the “Award”) of Performance-Based Restricted Stock Units (“PSUs”) to acquire Shares of Common Stock of Redfin Corporation (the “Redfin”), subject to the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Notice of Performance-Based Restricted Stock Unit Award (the “Notice”), the performance-based terms and conditions set forth in Appendix A (“Appendix A”) and this Agreement, including any applicable country-specific provisions in any appendix attached hereto (the “Country Appendix”). The Notice, Appendix A and any Country Appendix constitute part of this Agreement.
1.Settlement. Settlement of PSUs will be made within 30 days following the applicable date of vesting pursuant to the terms set forth in Appendix A. Settlement of PSUs will be in Shares. No fractional PSUs or rights for fractional Shares will be created pursuant to this Agreement.
2. No Stockholder Rights. Unless and until such time as Shares are issued in settlement of Vested PSUs, Participant will have no ownership of the Shares allocated to the PSUs and will have no rights to dividends or to vote such Shares.
3. Dividend Equivalents. Dividends, if any (whether in cash or Shares), will not be credited to Participant.
4. Non-Transferability of PSUs. The PSUs and any interest therein will not be sold, assigned, transferred, pledged, hypothecated, or otherwise disposed of in any manner other than by will or by the laws of descent or distribution or court order or unless otherwise permitted by the Committee on a case-by-case basis.
5. Termination; Leave of Absence; Change in Status. If Participant’s Service terminates for any reason, all unvested PSUs will be forfeited to Redfin immediately, and all rights of Participant to such PSUs automatically terminate without payment of any consideration to Participant. Participant’s Service will be considered terminated as of the date Participant is no longer providing services (regardless of the reason for such termination and whether or not later found to be invalid or in breach of employment laws in the jurisdiction where Participant is employed or the terms of Participant’s employment agreement, if any) and will not, subject to the laws applicable to Participant’s Award, be extended by any notice period mandated under local laws (e.g., Service would not include a period of “garden leave” or similar period). Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Vesting Schedule may change prospectively in the event Participant’s service status changes between full- and part-time status and/or in the event Participant is on an approved leave of absence in accordance Redfin’s policies relating to work schedules and vesting of awards or as determined by the Committee. Participant acknowledges that the vesting of the Shares pursuant to this Notice and Agreement is subject to Participant’s continued Service. In case of any dispute as to whether termination of Service has occurred, the Committee will have sole discretion to determine whether such termination of Service has occurred and the effective date of such termination (including whether Participant may still be considered to be providing services while on an approved leave of absence).
6. Withholding Taxes.
(a) Responsibility for Taxes. Participant acknowledges that, regardless of any action taken by Redfin or, if different, a Parent, Subsidiary or Affiliate employing or retaining Participant (the “Employer”), the ultimate liability for all income tax, social insurance, payroll tax, fringe benefits tax,
payment on account or other tax-related items related to Participant’s participation in the Plan and legally applicable to Participant (“Tax-Related Items”), is and remains Participant’s responsibility and may exceed the amount actually withheld by Redfin or the Employer. Participant further acknowledges that Redfin and/or the Employer (i) make no representations or undertakings regarding the treatment of any Tax-Related Items in connection with any aspect of the PSUs, including, but not limited to, the grant, vesting or settlement of the PSUs and the subsequent sale of Shares acquired pursuant to such settlement and the receipt of any dividends; and (ii) do not commit to and are under no obligation to structure the terms of the grant or any aspect of the PSUs to reduce or eliminate Participant’s liability for Tax-Related Items or achieve any particular tax result. Further, if Participant is subject to Tax-Related Items in more than one jurisdiction, Participant acknowledges that Redfin and/or the Employer (or former employer, as applicable) may be required to withhold or account for Tax-Related Items in more than one jurisdiction. PARTICIPANT SHOULD CONSULT A TAX ADVISER APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED IN THE COUNTRY OR COUNTRIES IN WHICH PARTICIPANT RESIDES OR IS SUBJECT TO TAXATION BEFORE DISPOSING OF THE SHARES.
(b) Withholding. Prior to any relevant taxable or tax withholding event, as applicable, Participant agrees to make adequate arrangements satisfactory to Redfin and/or the Employer to satisfy all Tax-Related Items. In this regard, Participant authorizes Redfin and/or the Employer, or their respective agents, at their discretion, to satisfy the obligations with regard to all Tax-Related Items by one or a combination of the following:
withholding from Participant’s wages or other cash compensation paid to Participant by Redfin and/or the Employer; or
withholding from proceeds of the sale of Shares acquired upon settlement of the PSUs either through a voluntary sale or through a mandatory sale arranged by Redfin (on Participant’s behalf pursuant to this authorization); or
withholding in Shares to be issued upon settlement of the PSUs, provided Redfin only withholds the number of Shares necessary to satisfy no more than the maximum applicable statutory withholding amounts; or
Participant’s payment of a cash amount (including by check representing readily available funds or a wire transfer); or
any other arrangement approved by the Committee and permitted by applicable law;
all under such rules as may be established by the Committee and in compliance with Redfin’s Insider Trading Policy and 10b5-1 Trading Plan Policy, if applicable; provided however, that if Participant is a Section 16 officer of Redfin under the Exchange Act, then the Committee (as constituted in accordance with Rule 16b-3 under the Exchange Act) will establish the method of withholding from alternatives (i)-(v) above, and the Committee will establish the method prior to the Tax-Related Items withholding event. Unless determined otherwise by the Committee in advance of a Tax-Related Items withholding event, the method of withholding for this PSU will be (iii) above.
Depending on the withholding method, Redfin may withhold or account for Tax-Related Items by considering applicable statutory withholding rates or other applicable withholding rates, including up to maximum applicable rates, Participant will receive a refund of any over-withheld amount, if applicable, in cash and will have no entitlement to the Common Stock equivalent. If the obligation for Tax-Related Items is satisfied by withholding in Shares, for tax purposes, Participant is deemed to have been issued the full number of Shares subject to the vested PSUs, notwithstanding that a number of the Shares are held back solely for the purpose of paying the Tax-Related Items. The Fair Market Value of these Shares, determined as of the effective date when taxes otherwise would have been withheld in cash, will be applied as a credit against the Tax-Related Items withholding.
Finally, Participant agrees to pay to Redfin or the Employer any amount of Tax-Related Items that Redfin or the Employer may be required to withhold or account for as a result of Participant’s participation in the Plan that cannot be satisfied by the means previously described. Redfin may refuse to issue or deliver the Shares or the proceeds of the sale of Shares, if Participant fails to comply with his or her obligations in connection with the Tax-Related Items.
7. Nature of Grant. By accepting the PSUs, Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees that:
(a) the Plan is established voluntarily by Redfin, it is discretionary in nature, and it may be modified, amended, suspended or terminated by Redfin at any time, to the extent permitted by the Plan;
(b) the grant of the PSUs is voluntary and occasional and does not create any contractual or other right to receive future grants of PSUs, or benefits in lieu of PSUs, even if PSUs have been granted in the past;
(c) all decisions with respect to future PSU or other grants, if any, will be at Redfin’s sole discretion;
(d) the PSU grant and Participant’s participation in the Plan will not create a right to employment or be interpreted as forming an employment or services contract with Redfin, the Employer or any Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate;
(e) Participant is voluntarily participating in the Plan;
(f) the PSUs and the Shares subject to the PSUs are not intended to replace any pension rights or compensation;
(g) the PSUs and the Shares subject to the PSUs, and the income and value of same, are not part of normal or expected compensation for purposes of calculating any severance, resignation, termination, redundancy, dismissal, end-of-service payments, bonuses, long-service awards, pension or retirement or welfare benefits or similar payments;
(h) the future value of the Shares underlying the PSUs is unknown, indeterminable and cannot be predicted with certainty;
(i) no claim or entitlement to compensation or damages will arise from forfeiture of the PSUs resulting from Participant’s termination of Service (for any reason whatsoever, whether or not later found to be invalid or in breach of employment laws in the jurisdiction where Participant is employed or the terms of Participant’s employment agreement, if any), and in consideration of the grant of the PSUs to which Participant is otherwise not entitled, Participant irrevocably agrees never to institute any claim against Redfin, or any Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate or the Employer, waives his or her ability, if any, to bring any such claim, and releases Redfin, any Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate and the Employer from any such claim; if, notwithstanding the foregoing, any such claim is allowed by a court of competent jurisdiction, then, by participating in the Plan, Participant will be deemed irrevocably to have agreed not to pursue such claim and agrees to execute any and all documents necessary to request dismissal or withdrawal of such claim;
(j) unless otherwise provided in the Plan or by Redfin in its discretion, the PSUs and the benefits evidenced by this Agreement do not create any entitlement to have the PSUs or any such benefits transferred to, or assumed by, another company nor to be exchanged, cashed out or substituted for, in connection with any Corporate Transaction affecting the Shares; and
(k) the following provisions apply only if Participant is providing services outside the United States:
the PSUs and the Shares subject to the PSUs are not part of normal or expected compensation or salary for any purpose;
Participant acknowledges and agrees that neither Redfin, the Employer nor any Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate will be liable for any foreign exchange rate fluctuation between Participant’s local currency and the United States Dollar that may affect the value of the PSUs or of any amounts due to Participant pursuant to the settlement of the PSUs or the subsequent sale of any Shares acquired upon settlement.
8. No Advice Regarding Grant. Redfin is not providing any tax, legal or financial advice, nor is Redfin making any recommendations regarding Participant’s participation in the Plan, or Participant’s acquisition or sale of the underlying Shares. Participant is hereby advised to consult with his or her own personal tax, legal and financial advisors regarding his or her participation in the Plan before taking any action related to the Plan.
9. Data Privacy. Participant hereby explicitly and unambiguously consents to the collection, use and transfer, in electronic or other form, of Participant’s personal data as described in this Agreement and any other PSU grant materials by and among, as applicable, the Employer, Redfin and any Parent, Subsidiary or Affiliate for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing Participant’s participation in the Plan.
Participant understands that Redfin and the Employer may hold certain personal information about Participant, including, but not limited to, Participant’s name, home address, email address and telephone number, date of birth, social insurance number, passport number or other identification number, salary, nationality, job title, any shares of stock or directorships held in Redfin, details of all PSUs or any other entitlement to shares of stock awarded, canceled, exercised, vested, unvested or outstanding in Participant’s favor (“Data”), for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing the Plan.
Participant understands that Data will be transferred to the stock plan service provider as may be designated by Redfin from time to time or its affiliates or such other stock plan service provider as may be selected by Redfin in the future, which is assisting Redfin with the implementation, administration and management of the Plan. Participant understands that the recipients of the Data may be located in the United States or elsewhere, and that the recipients’ country (e.g., the United States) may have different data privacy laws and protections than Participant’s country. Participant understands that if he or she resides outside the United States, he or she may request a list with the names and addresses of any potential recipients of the Data by contacting his or her local human resources representative. Participant authorizes Redfin, the stock plan service provider as may be designated by Redfin from time to time, and its affiliates, and any other possible recipients which may assist Redfin (presently or in the future) with implementing, administering and managing the Plan to receive, possess, use, retain and transfer the Data, in electronic or other form, for the sole purpose of implementing, administering and managing his or her participation in the Plan. Participant understands that Data will be held only as long as is necessary to implement, administer and manage Participant’s participation in the Plan. Participant understands that if he or she resides outside the United States, he or she may, at any time, view Data, request additional information about the storage and processing of Data, require any necessary amendments to Data or refuse or withdraw the consents herein, in any case without cost, by contacting in writing his or her local human resources representative. Further, Participant understands that he or she is providing the consents herein on a purely voluntary basis. If Participant does not consent, or if Participant later seeks to revoke his or her consent, his or her employment status or service and career with the Employer will not be adversely affected; the only adverse consequence of refusing or withdrawing Participant’s consent is that Redfin would not be able to grant Participant PSUs or other equity awards or administer or maintain such awards. Therefore, Participant understands that refusing or withdrawing his or her consent may affect Participant’s ability to participate in the Plan. For more information on the consequences of
Participant’s refusal to consent or withdrawal of consent, Participant understands that he or she may contact his or her local human resources representative.
10. Language. If Participant has received this Agreement, or any other document related to the PSU and/or the Plan translated into a language other than English and if the meaning of the translated version is different than the English version, the English version will control.
11. Country Appendix. Notwithstanding any provisions in this Agreement, the PSU grant will be subject to any special terms and conditions set forth in any Country Appendix to this Agreement for Participant’s country. Moreover, if Participant relocates to one of the countries included in the Country Appendix, the special terms and conditions for such country will apply to Participant, to the extent Redfin determines that the application of such terms and conditions is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons. The Country Appendix constitutes part of this Agreement.
12. Imposition of Other Requirements. Redfin reserves the right to impose other requirements on Participant’s participation in the Plan, on the PSUs and on any Shares acquired under the Plan, to the extent Redfin determines it is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons, and to require Participant to sign any additional agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
13. Acknowledgement. Redfin and Participant agree that the PSUs are granted under and governed by the Notice, this Agreement and by the provisions of the Plan (incorporated herein by reference). Participant: (a) acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Plan and the Plan prospectus, (b) represents that Participant has carefully read and is familiar with their provisions, and (c) hereby accepts the PSUs subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein and those set forth in the Plan and the Notice.
14. Entire Agreement; Enforcement of Rights. This Agreement, the Plan, the Notice and any Appendix constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersede all prior discussions between them. Any prior agreements, commitments or negotiations concerning the purchase of the Shares hereunder are superseded. No modification of or amendment to this Agreement, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, will be effective unless in writing and signed by the parties to this Agreement. The failure by either party to enforce any rights under this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any rights of such party.
15. Compliance with Laws and Regulations. The issuance of Shares and any restriction on the sale of Shares will be subject to and conditioned upon compliance by Redfin and Participant with all applicable state, federal and local laws and regulations and with all applicable requirements of any stock exchange or automated quotation system on which Redfin’s Common Stock may be listed or quoted at the time of such issuance or transfer. Participant understands that Redfin is under no obligation to register or qualify the Common Stock with any state, federal or foreign securities commission or to seek approval or clearance from any governmental authority for the issuance or sale of the Shares. Further, Participant agrees that Redfin will have unilateral authority to amend the Plan and this Agreement without Participant’s consent to the extent necessary to comply with securities or other laws applicable to issuance of Shares. Finally, the Shares issued pursuant to this Agreement will be endorsed with appropriate legends, if any, determined by Redfin.
16. Severability. If one or more provisions of this Agreement are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, the parties agree to renegotiate such provision in good faith. In the event that the parties cannot reach a mutually agreeable and enforceable replacement for such provision, then (a) such provision will be excluded from this Agreement, (b) the balance of this Agreement will be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and (c) the balance of this Agreement will be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
17. Governing Law and Venue. This Agreement and all acts and transactions pursuant hereto and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto will be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law.
Any and all disputes relating to, concerning or arising from this Agreement, or relating to, concerning or arising from the relationship between the parties evidenced by the Plan or this Agreement, will be brought and heard exclusively in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington or the Superior Court of King County, Washington. Each of the parties hereby represents and agrees that such party is subject to the personal jurisdiction of said courts; hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of such courts in any legal or equitable proceedings related to, concerning or arising from such dispute, and waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which such party may now or hereafter have that the laying of the venue of any legal or equitable proceedings related to, concerning or arising from such dispute which is brought in such courts is improper or that such proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
18. No Rights as Employee, Director or Consultant. Nothing in this Agreement will affect in any manner whatsoever the right or power of Redfin, or a Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate, to terminate Participant’s Service, for any reason, with or without Cause.
19. Consent to Electronic Delivery of All Plan Documents and Disclosures. By Participant’s acceptance (whether in writing, electronically or otherwise) of the Notice, Participant and Redfin agree that the PSUs are granted under and governed by the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Notice and this Agreement. Participant has reviewed the Plan, the Notice and this Agreement in their entirety, has had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing this Agreement, and fully understands all provisions of the Plan, the Notice and this Agreement. Participant hereby agrees to accept as binding, conclusive and final all decisions or interpretations of the Committee upon any questions relating to the Plan, the Notice and this Agreement. Participant further agrees to notify Redfin upon any change in Participant’s residence address indicated on the Notice. By acceptance of the PSUs, Participant agrees to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by Redfin or a third party designated by Redfin and consents to the electronic delivery of the Notice, this Agreement, the Plan, account statements, Plan prospectuses required by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. financial reports of Redfin, and all other documents that Redfin is required to deliver to its security holders (including, without limitation, annual reports and proxy statements) or other communications or information related to the PSUs and current or future participation in the Plan. Electronic delivery may include the delivery of a link to Redfin intranet or the internet site of a third party involved in administering the Plan, the delivery of the document via e-mail or such other delivery determined at Redfin’s discretion. Participant acknowledges that Participant may receive from Redfin a paper copy of any documents delivered electronically at no cost if Participant contacts Redfin by telephone, through a postal service or electronic mail to Redfin’s stock administrator. Participant further acknowledges that Participant will be provided with a paper copy of any documents delivered electronically if electronic delivery fails; similarly, Participant understands that Participant must provide on request to Redfin or any designated third party a paper copy of any documents delivered electronically if electronic delivery fails. Also, Participant understands that Participant’s consent may be revoked or changed, including any change in the electronic mail address to which documents are delivered (if Participant has provided an electronic mail address), at any time by notifying Redfin of such revised or revoked consent by telephone, postal service or electronic mail to Redfin’s stock administrator. Finally, Participant understands that Participant is not required to consent to electronic delivery if local laws prohibit such consent.
20. Insider Trading Restrictions/Market Abuse Laws. Participant acknowledges that, depending on Participant’s country, Participant may be subject to insider trading restrictions and/or market abuse laws, which may affect Participant’s ability to acquire or sell the Shares or rights to Shares under the Plan during such times as Participant is considered to have “inside information” regarding Redfin (as defined by the laws in Participant’s country). Any restrictions under these laws or regulations are separate from and in addition to any restrictions that may be imposed under any applicable Redfin insider trading policy. Participant
acknowledges that it is Participant’s responsibility to comply with any applicable restrictions, and Participant is advised to speak to Participant’s personal advisor on this matter.
21. Code Section 409A. For purposes of this Agreement, a termination of employment will be determined consistent with the rules relating to a “separation from service” as defined in Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code and the regulations thereunder (“Section 409A”). Notwithstanding anything else provided herein, to the extent any payments provided under this Agreement in connection with Participant’s termination of employment constitute deferred compensation subject to Section 409A, and Participant is deemed at the time of such termination of employment to be a “specified employee” under Section 409A, then such payment will not be made or commence until the earlier of (i) the expiration of the six-month period measured from Participant’s separation from service from Redfin or (ii) the date of Participant’s death following such a separation from service; provided, however, that such deferral will only be effected to the extent required to avoid adverse tax treatment to Participant including, without limitation, the additional tax for which Participant would otherwise be liable under Section 409A(a)(1)(B) in the absence of such a deferral. To the extent any payment under this Agreement may be classified as a “short-term deferral” within the meaning of Section 409A, such payment will be deemed a short-term deferral, even if it may also qualify for an exemption from Section 409A under another provision of Section 409A. Payments pursuant to this section are intended to constitute separate payments for purposes of Section 1.409A-2(b)(2) of the Treasury Regulations.
22. Award Subject to Redfin Clawback or Recoupment. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the PSUs will be subject to clawback or recoupment pursuant to any compensation clawback or recoupment policy adopted by the Board or required by law during the term of Participant’s employment or other Service that is applicable to Participant. In addition to any other remedies available under such policy and applicable law, Redfin may require the cancellation of Participant’s PSUs (whether vested or unvested) and the recoupment of any gains realized with respect to Participant’s PSUs.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AWARD OF PSUS, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND IN THE PLAN.